‘Tis The Season To Be Giftin’

“Dear Santa, I Want It All!”

Time to receive gifts again.

Qynesha Pierre, Contributor

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas , or as some may call it: X-mas, Yule, Nativity, or even Noël. The holiday is a significant time of the year. On December 25th, it is an annual festival celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and a cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. We celebrate with family and other social gatherings, symbolic decoration, feasting, and mainly what everybody has been waiting for: the gift-giving. It is where everyone gives a gift or more to a person and receives one too. This Christmas everyone has been wanting something specific. The main question during this time of year: What do you want for Christmas?

Well I asked some of the students of South Broward High School what they wanted this Christmas, the main thing everyone wanted is money. But why? However, not all l the  students asked for just money. Some asked for everyday necessities like underwear, specifically from brands such as Pink, Calvin Klein, or even Victoria Secret.

“Well for Christmas I would like clothes because I would like to expand my closet,” said Ilana Szarf, a freshman from SBHS, “I would like to get shoes also to match with my outfits.”

Clothes and Shoes are one of the things on the list of wanted gifts this year. Most girls want clothes from Forever 21, H&M, or some shirts from Pink. However, there are exceptions to the usual gift list. Girls like Nayeli Jorge want items that coincide with their interests.

“I would love to get new reeds for my clarinet in case I run out,” said Nayeli Jorge, “I would also like money for Christmas because it would be a good thing to have in case I want to buy something.”

Nayeli Jorge is one of hundreds of band students at South Broward, where the group is very close. Jorge also added that the best thing to gift a band member is musical accessories.

Other students want less expensive gifts; ones that carry more meaning than value. Students in different clubs and programs will likely want something involving that program, or at least an item that would benefit them academically.

“For Christmas I would like new swimming goggles because I need them for swimming” said Jonathan Bagiotti, a swimmer for South Broward. “I also would like underwear from Calvin Klein because I love the brand.”

Overall, buying someone a new pair of underwear (from a brand they love) can be a thoughtful gift, one most people need or appreciate.

“I would like three things for Christmas” said Johnny Harmon.  I  would like money because it is a very versatile in use, a Pusheen Cat [I’m on a mission to collect them and wear them on my land-yard], [and] I would like pencils because I use them daily for school and work.”

Although it seems like money is the main thing everyone wants for Christmas, don’t forget other gifts like supplies, clothes, shoes, underwear, and useful daily necessities. Any of these can be a great gift to give someone. However, it’s the thought that counts.