Swimming  State Championship Results

Rachele Paul, Contributor

Several members of our SBHS boys and girls swim team competed in the Florida swimming state championship this past November 15th, 2019.The results of the competition have been officially posted. In the 100m Breastroke, Andy Rogatinsky took 2nd place in the States, with a time of 57.67 and only .04 seconds away remaining from 1st place. Alex Marro placed 9th place with the fastest time by the 5th hour and by his personal best in 52.26 seconds.

In the 200 Individual Medley,  Andy Rogatinsky took 10th place with a time of 1;57.26 , swimming all other events in the same morning. In the Boys 200 Medley relay the team of Alex Marrero (Breastroke) ,  Andy Rogastinsky/(Breastroke) ,  Roni Sobora/ (Butterfly), Sebastian Santiago/(freestyle) took 11th  place.

Lucas Hemingway
Athlete from Western gets ready to play against South Broward on the swimming competition on October 10, 2019

Lucas Hemingway
Vinny, David, Ben, and Matthew prepare for their last home game at South Broward High School on October 10, 2019. The boys showed positive attitude before their game against Western.

ucas Hemingway
Grace Ann (12th), captain of the swimming team, shows leadership during the last home game in South Broward High School on October 10, 2019. The senior had mixed feelings on her senior night as a captain.

Lucas Hemingway
Logan moor (11th) and Mrs. Onett, give a thumbs up to the swimming competition in South Broward on October 10, 2019. The swimming coach and her student showed positive attitude towards the last home game they played against Western.

Lucas Hemingway
Athlete dives off platform during 200 yard boys freestyle at South Broward swimming competition on October 10, 2019.

Lucas Hemingway
Athlete dives off platform during first race of the South Broward swimming competition on October 10, 2019.

Lucas Hemingway
South Broward athlete takes a breath to continue the 200 yards freestyle race on October 10, 2019

South Broward hosted it’s last swimming competition against Western.