Teacher Turned Author

South Broward High School Teacher Theresa Braun Publishes Her New Book ‘Fountain Dead’

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Turned Author

Ms.Braun hold up a copy of her first published book

Ms.Braun hold up a copy of her first published book "Fountain Dead"; A young adult horror story.

Melissa Alvarez

Melissa Alvarez

Melissa Alvarez

Brianna Martin, Editor

Paranormal activity is something a lot of people disagree about, but newly published author and creative writing teacher, Teresa Braun, says otherwise. On November 20th, the South Broward teacher and inspiring author published her first book, ‘Fountain Dead’. Her inspiration for the paranormal genre came from 2-years of living in her decades-old home. She hopes people will come to enjoy the thrilling horrors of her new book.

“I have always been interested in ghost hunting, traveling on ghost tours and I always had a fascination with the supernatural,” said Ms. Braun.

‘Fountain Dead’s setting takes place a historical home that has been involved in several American revolutionary events such as the Civil War and the American-Indian Wars. Ms. Braun includes that the “American-Indian Wars” are something that are not often discussed in schools or textbooks, which is why she included it in her novel.

The thrilling new adventure awaits more student readers. ‘Fountain Dead’ can be found in the South Broward school library and on Amazon.com. Some students hope she will eventually end up on the bookshelves next to her more inspiring author, Steven King.

“His status and complex writing are spectacular. I feel I can relate to him the most since, he too, started his career first as a teacher.” she said this with a smile on her face.

With finally publishing her first book, Braun explores the idea of turning the writing hobby into her future career.

“It makes you wonder, would it be a good career?” she said, “I definitely see it more as a career than a hobby, for sure.”

While still being a teacher, Braun does ponder if she would leave teaching behind, “I would miss it, but I wouldn’t mind taking a break from it.”

With her passion for writing growing stronger, the next thing on her mind is if she would consider writing another book.

“Yes, I do plan on writing another book soon. At the moment I’m stuck in like an incubation period because I’m thinking what it will be about, but I might write a sequel to the first book too,” she said, “[I don’t write] as much as I want. I do plan on writing more during the holidays or maybe the summer.”

She added that it is important to write and gave advice to inspiring authors, “Its great to have some kind of social media… it’s important to see structure and style of other writers. Just do it, never give up on writing.”

Brianna Martin, Editor

Brianna Martin is a passionate, sincere, kind-hearted young lady. She has a hand for writing and a special love for photography and although she was not...

1 Comment

One Response to “Teacher Turned Author”

1. Theresa Braun on March 10th, 2019 9:01 am

I appreciate the support! Thanks so much for interviewing me. I had such a great time and think you really have a future in journalism. 🙂

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

Screen Time Shouldn’t Replace Nap Time

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

Beauty Is in the Eye of the Cellphone Beholder

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

South Broward Students Give Tips For a Successful YouTube Channel

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

Social Media: A Safe Space

• Teacher Turned Author

Entertainment

SoundCloud Rappers at South Broward

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

Facetune: Changing Beauty Standards One Face at a Time

• Teacher Turned Author

Entertainment

YouTubers at South Broward

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

The Two Sides of ASMR

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

The Latest Addiction- Cell Phones

• Teacher Turned Author

Features

Widespread Dangerous Challenges on Social Media

Skip to toolbar
Teacher Turned Author