A Paranormal Experience

South Broward High School Teacher Theresa Braun Publishes Her New Book ‘Fountain Dead’

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Paranormal Experience

Ms.Braun hold up a copy of her first published book

Ms.Braun hold up a copy of her first published book "Fountain Dead"; A young adult horror story.

Melissa Alvarez

Melissa Alvarez

Melissa Alvarez

Brianna Martin, Editor

Paranormal activity, being something that a lot of people disagree about, Ms. Braun says otherwise. November 20th, Theresa Braun, a teacher at South Broward High School who teaches creative writing and an inspired writer who dreams to become a full-time novelist one day, published her book called ‘Fountain Dead’. With her inspiration being 2-years of paranormal experience in her old home, she hopes people will come to enjoy the thrilling horrors of her new book.

While interviewing Ms. Braun, she did discuss that her book takes place at a home where historical events took place, such as the civil war and “American Indian Wars” she included, mentioning that in schools and mostly everywhere, the American Indian wars are not discussed much.

“I have always been interested in ghost hunting, traveling on ghost tours and I always had a fascination with the supernatural,” said Ms.Braun.

Continuing to discuss her book, the question of time and how much she incorporated it into her writing came across. “Not as much as I want, I do plan on writing more during the holidays or maybe the summer,” she said. She gave advice on why it was important to write and how to understand it, along with advice for other motivated writers. “Its great to have some kind of social media, I do have some friends who write on there and to read as much as possible because it’s important to see structure and style of other writers and then just do it, never give up on writing,” she said. Hearing this, it is fair to say, that she was doing a great job as a teacher and she would be an excellent novelist.

She did mention a writer she most looked up to, in which she said, Steven King. “His status and complex writing are spectacular; I feel I can relate to him the most since he too, started his career first as a teacher.” This made Ms. Braun light up inside, as she said this with a smile on her face. With having turned writing into a more professional perspective over time, rather than a hobby, she hopes to turn it into her future career.

“It makes you wonder; would it be a good career?” she said. “I definitely see it more as a career than a hobby, for sure.”

With Ms.Braun being a teacher, but pursuing a writers career, it was curiosity that struck the question if she would still consider teaching or leave it behind. “I would miss it, but I wouldn’t mind taking a break from it.” With her passion for her writing being much stronger, the next interest in mind is if she would consider writing another book.

“Yes, I do plan on writing another book soon, at the moment I’m stuck in like an incubation period because I’m thinking what it will be about, but I might write a sequel to the first book too,” she said.

Well, there you have it, a new thrilling adventure is waiting for you to read. No, I mean literally. South Broward High School has copies of her new book ‘Fountain Dead’ right now at the library. Go pick up a copy and dive in.

Brianna Martin, Editor

Brianna Martin is a passionate, sincere, kind-hearted young lady. She has a hand for writing and a special love for photography and although she was not...

1 Comment

One Response to “A Paranormal Experience”

1. Theresa Braun on March 10th, 2019 9:01 am

I appreciate the support! Thanks so much for interviewing me. I had such a great time and think you really have a future in journalism. 🙂

• Features

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

Dating Between the Americas

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

Chinese International Students

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

One Year Later: Sorrow Turns to Activism

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

Photographer in the Making

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

What are students ideal Valentine’s Day gift?

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

How Couples at South Broward Are Planning to Spend Valentine’s Day

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

Five Cool Valentine’s Day Crafts

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

Chinese New Year

• A Paranormal Experience

Features

The Stoneman-Douglas Legacy

Skip to toolbar
A Paranormal Experience