Ask Nina

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ask Nina

Qynesha Pierre, Contributor

Dear Nina, What to do about relationship abuse in high school?

Dear reader, first I think you should leave the person as soon as possible. You should also speak to an adult about this issue, unless your’re not comfortable with an adult, go to a friend I’m sure they will help.Relationship abuse can be both physical and emotional. Don’t let that person who is abusing you take control over you. They’re manipulative, they make you believe they’re going to change and put you down. You shouldn’t hesitate to call for help because your not in it alone.

Dear Nina,Why do we have to spend four years in high school if we can just pay for our degree?

Dear reader, I believe the reason we go to high school for four years because we need to learn the material and improve on our skills. Even though you can just pay, it would put you at a disadvantage over the kids who actually learned the material. Going to school benefits you in many ways; Although, mostly everyone hate school. It’s a necessity in life. Without it, we’ll be uneducated and life would be hard.

Dear Nina, I recently watched Avengers: Endgame and it brought up an old question, what is the best marvel duo? I’d like to hear what you think.

Dear reader, I think the best marvel duo is “The Gladiators” (Thor and Hulk) because Thor has the most strength and Hulk also has some strength, but most importantly he has the brains too. I believe Thor has the most strength because he is the Asgardian God of Thunder and he can make a big hit with a bolt of lightning. Hulk is known as a scientist, so not only is he amazingly strong, he is also very smart. I liked how in the movie, Thor: Ragnarok, they bonded together and were able to save Thor’s world. I believe they are a great team.

Dear Nina, What to do if you get pregnant at a young age?

Dear reader, if you get pregnant at a young age just remain calm at first. You already know you have three decisions: keep the baby, terminate the pregnancy, or put it up for adoption. You should tell your parents, but most importantly you need to make the decision yourself. It’s your body and your future, decide what is best for you. It’s important to tell the baby’s father too and tell him your decision. It’s okay if people judge you, don’t make it hard on yourself. It’s not going to be easy, but at the end everything will go smoothly.

Dear Nina, What to do if your’re getting bullied?

Dear reader, first thing you should do is stand up for yourself. Don’t let them put you down. Telling an adult like a teacher or parent can help, but sometimes they don’t always help and you have to deal with it on your own. Tell a friend. A real friend will stick up for you. Just know your’re not alone.

Dear Nina, What to do if you feel like you’re being stalked?

Dear reader, you should always be aware of your surroundings. Stay alert while your’re in public. If you know the stalker you should avoid any communication with them and take all threats seriously. You should inform others of your situation, like your parents. It’ll help if you secure you home and be cautious when going in and out your door. If it makes you feel any better you can also learn some self-defense techniques.

Dear Nina, Who do you believe is more classy, Nicki Minaj or Cardi B?

Dear reader, I think Nicki Minaj is more classy, but Cardi B can also be classy sometimes and isn’t all that bad. They both produce good music and it will be awesome if they got along.

Dear Nina, Should Apple stop making iPhones?

Dear reader, I believe Apple should stop making new iPhones because it’s getting tired and they are running out of ideas.

Dear Nina, Which restaurant do you think is the best?

Dear reader, the best restaurant in my opinion is Crafty Crab at the moment, because they have the best seafood. On top of that, their seasoning is on point.