A Freshman Spirit Week Experience Gone Wrong

James Prudhomme, Contributor

14-year-old Johnathan Pierre is in the 9th grade at South Broward High School, he was one of the many students who arrived to the homecoming dance during spirit week.

Johnathan was very interested in coming to the school’s dance, the reason why was because of teacher Mr.Wilburn. He explained to Johnathan how going to homecoming would be a blast and an unforgettable experience, which wasn’t far at all from the truth.

Having had so much fun, Johnathan had left and forgotten his backpack at the dance and got his money stolen. After the mishap, the incident was reported. Fortunately for Jonathan, the perpetrator was caught and was forced to give back the stolen money.

Although his first experienced at homecoming had turned for the worse at one point, Johnathan didn’t let it ruin his night. He described the event as, “fun because I got to participate in different activities and meet different people.”

Having asked how it felt being a freshman at your first homecoming he replied, “Being at my first homecoming was vigorous because how much fun everyone was having, dancing and stuff, and the food was good.”

Johnathan explained that his homecoming experience was fun and that he will attend again during his sophomore year at high school.