New Club Finally Out Of The Kennel

Hello there animal lovers. South Broward high school finally has an Animal club.

Deborah Cayemitte, Contributor

Whale hello there animal lovers. South Broward high school finally has an Animal club.

South Broward students protesting in Charles F. Dodge City Center on Tuesday November 14th.

Since last year Mrs. Lehman have been trying to do a club based on animals.

Animal club members raise and collect money for causes such as getting animals in a good home. They also volunteer at animal shelters they help with task such as feeding and grooming the animals.

Not to mention doing peaceful protest such as the circus animal protest. The Circus Animal Protest is when people fight to keep animals out of the circus.

“When i’m protesting i’m like an animal i’m a different person, Mrs. Lehman said.

Animals that are in the circus suffer a lot. They  learn to do tricks  through starvation, the infliction of pain or injury, alienation from others, light deprivation, and other repulsive forms of animal abuse.

In Miami on January 5, 2017 was the last time the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey did a show in Florida. After 143 years they have decided to retire the elephants and put them in a conservation center in Florida. Before that, they received  an 270,000 dollars fine for violating the Animal Welfare act. Since then they have yet to use animals in their circus acts. (Miami Herald)

To Mrs. Lehman, head of the animal club, It’s very important to her. She said “I am an animal activist who helps fight for animal causes”.

An animal activist is a person who fights, campaigns, and believes in social change for animals.

The best thing about the animal club is that students get the opportunity to go and watch animal surgeries. They get to see how it’s done, how long it takes, and the tools they use to do the operation on the animals.

Many students are engaged in joining the club. Over 75 students have joined the club, so if you want to sign up you should sign up now. It is also beneficial for students who want to enter this field of work which is working with animals.

“What made me want to do this is my involvement in an animal rights group”, Mrs. Lehman said.

Animal rights is the idea in which all animals are entitled to the possession of their own lives, and that’s what Mrs. Lehman believes in.

If you want to learn more about and fight for animals, join the animal club. “Fur” one thing  You could have awesome time.