South Broward Soccer

South Broward varsity boys soccer team winning 2-0 against rival team in the last 40 minutes of the game.

Cristian Mongrut and Lisyanet Bertot

As the South Broward boy’s soccer team is heading into playoff season there is no room for mistakes. The Bulldogs are going to fight head to head against any team that comes in their way to win their third straight District Title and then compete for the State Championship. The team’s current record is 9 wins and 3 losses.

For the past four games they have won against Flanagan High-school on the 8th of January (3-0 W) and a home game victory at their senior night against Miramar High-school on the 16th of January (6-0 W). Although they have lost against Cypress bay on the 18th of December (5-1 L) and Coral Glades on the 10th of January (4-2 L) the boys are keeping their heads up.

“When we lose we only learn from it. We know it does not matter how you start the season it all depends on how you end it” said midfielder Andy Minero. The Bulldog’s are number two in the district standings above them at number one is Saint Thomas.

For the past two years the Bulldog’s have crushed Saint Thomas during playoff season but this year during their regular season game, Saint Thomas beat South Broward and set a statement with a 3-0 win.“It was an unexpected loss but we learned from it and plan to see them once again in the District finals. We are going to foul them less and just play our game.” Said the striker Rubens Michel. “There were a lot of changes in the beginning of the year but the team has come together and the chemistry is just right as we enter playoffs.” Said Assistant coach Herrera.