Super Bowl 2018

Yalisbel Betancourt, Contributor

On Sunday, February 4th, the Super Bowl Lll took place in Granted, Minneapolis for the second time. This year, the Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots went head to head in a very intense game that lasted almost four hours. It was the sixth Super Bowl in a cold-weather city, and marked a return to the northernmost city to ever host the event.

The Eagles were in the lead for most of the game, and the Patriots made most of their beginning points because of field goals.  

Andreah Pierre was interviewed on her opinions on the game and said this, ”I’m happy that the Eagles won because they deserved it, the Patriots had taken way too many wins already.”  

Other students interviewed at South Broward said, “It was a good game and both teams played well.”

Another topic students were talking about was the questionable halftime show. Justin Timberlake’s performance was criticized for not being spectacular compared to other year’s shows like Lady Gaga, Beyonce, or Bruno Mars. People believed that Timberlake was looking to be safe and avoid incidents such as the infamous “wardrobe malfunction” encountered during his performance with Janet Jackson, and for incorporating a video of Prince, who opposed performances combining the dead and the living.

Overall, the combined 74 points scored by both teams was one point shy of the Super Bowl record of 75, set in Super Bowl XXIX in 1995.

Eagles OC, Frank Reich, said this about Nick Foles, “You can’t play any better than the stretch he just put together and the game he just played.”