D-WadeMarch for our lives

Alexus Sweeting, contributor

NBA star Dwayne Wade donates money to the  students of Stoneman Douglas high school for the ”March for our lives”fundraisor

On Wednesday, Dwyane Wade tweeted  that he’s “looking forward to being more involved in the change that they WILL create,”A few days later, Wade announced that he and Gabrielle Union will be donating $200,000 on behalf of Chicago to the March for Our Lives fundraiser. Marches will take place in Washington, D.C., and other cities around the country on March 24 “to press their demands for safer schools and for legislation ‘to effectively address the gun violence issues that are rampant’ across the nation,.

The movement stared  by Stoneman Douglas students after a former student killed 17 people at thier school  in Parkland, Florida, on Valentine’s Day.

Carmelo Anthony and I both come from communities where gun violence is an every day (occurrence),wade says, he also wrote that ,”Enough is enough! … They need our help! I’m asking my NBA fam to join us in raising money to send kids from undeserved communities to march.”

Shortly after Wade’s tweets, Carmelo Anthony said he’ll be giving to the community and students in Baltimore, and he added that the NBA Players Association Foundation will match up to $25,000 of player donations.