Surf Rider Club Makes It to South Broward

Liam Waite, Editor

There many clubs and organizations at South Broward that work to protect and preserve the world’s oceans, such as the Coral Club or the Plastic-Free Mermaids. Now a new club has come to give their support in preventing the mistreatment of our oceans.

The Surf Rider Club here at South Broward is part of a wide network of clubs that are all a part of the Surf Rider Foundation.

The Surf Rider Foundation is an ocean conservation organization that works to protect coastal communities across the United States. The Surf Rider Foundation has a national network of chapters that includes Broward County, Miami, Central Florida, Palm Beach, and more.

The founder of the Surf Rider Club at South Broward is a freshman named Logan Mazor.

“I saw what Plastic Free Mermaids and Coral Club were doing, and I wanted to leave a legacy like that,” said Mazor.

The Surf Rider Club was founded on April 2nd, 2018, and they meet on Mondays after school; however, meetings are only called when there is a topic up for discussion.

“Once the club gets better established we’ll be doing a lot more,” said Mazor.

The Surf Rider Club will be working with the Broward Chapter of the Surf Rider Foundation, and they will participate in some of their yearly projects. One of those projects is Ocean Friendly Resturants where members negotiate with restaurant owners so that they will become more ocean conscious.

For more information about the Surf Rider Foundation visit https://www.surfrider.org/

For more information about South Broward’s Surf Rider Club visit our Instagram @sbhs_surfrider

If you wish to contact the Surf Rider Club you can use their email address: [email protected]