If You Love Big Macs, They Don’t Love You Back

Frank Williams, Contributor

Should unhealthy foods be banned?

In the next decade, Type Diabetes will kill more teenagers than gunshot wounds. That’s according to the CDC. There are 35,000 deaths in America caused by guns. There are 29 million people diagnosed with diabetes and there are still people that are undiagnosed according to the CDC. In 2015, 79,535 people died from diabetes. Diabetes is the 7th leading cause in death according in the U.S. to American diabetes association.

More and more, teenagers are eating fast food meals instead of healthy meals. I feel that teenagers don’t have the right knowledge to eat healthier.  Some teenagers don’t have the choice to eat healthy foods because their parents might control what they eat and they probably don’t know where to find places that are more “Green” . However,  people like Michelle Obama are striving to improve the health of children but YOU must have the will to eat healthier.

Fast food taste good to a teenager. The advertising and the meals are aimed at young children, For example  Happy Meals that have toys and fun eye-catching interactive menus. They make them loyal customers.

They are cheap. Americans usually spend $4 to $7 dollars on a fast food meal. Fast food restaurant  are always giving you deals and/or usually have an dollar menu. Fast food places usually cluster in poor areas

People love fast food because they don’t have to wait and they don’t have to cook. It takes roughly 10 minutes to get a fast food meal , however it takes about 1 hours to make a home-cooked meal

Fast food meals usually have more sodium than anything else. Meals usually contain a soft drink. Soft drinks can contain 40 grams of sugar and some drinks contain as much as 200 grams of sugar.So, you have to eat more fast food to feel full. You gain weight, you get diabetes. Then you can’t eat it any more.

So, how can we change this downward spiral we are on .Learn how to cook. Sit down with your family. Or, if you don’t like you family, then cook a meal together and eat it with your friends. Instead of going to McDonalds or Checkers you should go to places like Jasons Deli or Trader Joes because they have a healthier variety to choose from. Nowadays people are more conscious about what they eat.It shouldn’t be that hard to say no to that juicy Big Mac with extra Mac sauce which is filled with diabetes. ( P.S. You can still eat fast food just, keep it on a limit.)

Frank Williams, Contributor

Frank is in to journalism, he likes to do it because he want to learn how to Photoshop, and also because he loves photography. Frank isn’t only passionate for journalism he also has the same desire for music and art. Frank aspire to be a rapper or business model. Although you would think he is interested in many types of genres of music, he only listens to hip-hop and loathes country the worst. Something to know about Frank is that he is great at critical thinking than anything else, even math he say’s his least favorite.

Other than Frank rapping or working on journalism, he spends a lot of time on social media for about 2 hours just to see the latest news all around the world that he may want to talk about. Frank favorite snack to eat when he has the munchies is a nice peanut butter jelly sandwich. In the next 10 years Frank would want to be living in a big mansion in Tokyo with his family and friends. On his way to success he would’ve love to meet XXX tentacion, Dr. Sebi, and Tupac, he would also want to visit his favorite 3 places in the world; Tokyo, Egypt, Swaziland. Other than visiting places he also would like to rule Africa because he respects their culture.