Julia Ovalle

Julia Ovalle, Contributer

Julia Ovalle is a 15-year-old sophomore at South Broward High School who loves helping others. She lives by her motto of “You don’t know what people are going through.”

Academically, she is focused on achieving her Cambridge diploma. She is also good at reading and bad at math saying: “It’s hereditary,” since no one is her family is good at math. Her mother is her greatest role model since she came to the United States in order to give her family a better life.

“She is the strongest person she knows,” said Ovalle when referring to her mother.

Ovalle was born in the Dominican Republic and immigrated to the US when she was 9-years-old. Her life after high school is still in the works, Ovalle plans on going to college and after that will simply go with the flow. But one thing that she knows for sure is that she wants to live a good life filled with happiness.

Some fun facts about Ovalle are that her music preference is mixed and depends on her mood. But, regardless of her mood she wouldn't listen to K-pop simply because she doesn’t like it. Ovalle also likes the topic of history since, “Past decisions form our future.” If she could time travel to any period, she would go to the early 1900s and live through all the changes that happen between the decades. 

All content by Julia Ovalle
Christopher Hixon enjoying time with his wife, Debra Hixon, and his youngest son, Corey Hixon.

Spotlight: Mrs. Hixon

Julia Ovalle, Editor
March 10, 2020
Ms.Coxs room entrance. A Christmas decorated reef.

Christmas Classrooms

Julia Ovalle, Editor
December 11, 2019
Pedro Serrano

Pedro Serrano

Julia Ovalle, Contributor
May 30, 2019
One of Ms.Batts Little Broward students, behind a monitor playing an educational Language Arts program.

The New Childhood Toys

Julia Ovalle, Contributer
May 23, 2019
Load More Stories
Donate to Bulldog Bark
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search
Julia Ovalle
Skip to toolbar