Best Buddies Club

This is one of the teacher that help with the best buddy and these are two of the kids.

Shea Neiman, Writer/Contributor

Two members of best buddies together.

Best Buddies is a club that allows both exceptional needs kids and kids that are part of the program to become just as the namesake implies- buddies.

Mrs. Jackson is the head of the club, and is passionate about incorporating the exceptional needs kids into all the enjoyable activities that go on in our school. She wants there to be opportunities for them. “I want them to be included in the population’s activities, not just their own,” says the teacher.

Buddies are chosen through a match party/buddy pairing. The kids in the club are able to go to party with fun activities. Everyone gets to hang out, get to know one another, and find out who is best matched with whom. The most compatible kids are then paired together.

The buddies do many activities with each other for the year, such as coming to help the exceptional needs kids in their classes, walk them to lunch, and hang out with them. However, Best Buddies is not limited to the campus. They also do other activities outside of school, such as go to the movies.

This Saturday, the club will also be electing their own home-coming king and queen. It is another way to make all the kids feel included. It is the clubs 3rd year electing their own home-coming king and queen. 

The Best Buddies program is doing their part to help the exceptional needs kids feel included here in South Broward. If you want to be a part of this program, talk to Mrs. Jackson in room 708 today.

Shea Neiman, Contributor

This is Shea, a very talented and intelligent 9th grader with a passion for music. Over her lifetime, she has played the electric guitar, flute, bass guitar,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Best Buddies Club”

1. Brendan on October 26th, 2018 3:52 pm

I got this site from my buddy who told me regarding this web page and now this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative posts at this place.

• Best Buddies Club

Features

The Fashionable South Broward

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Behind the Scenes-Haunted House

• Best Buddies Club

Clubs

Future Doctors of Tomorrow

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Anthony Montanez

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Homecoming King and Queen Nominees 2018-2019

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Behind the Lunch

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Finding Fido A Forever Home

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Halloween Coming Up

• Best Buddies Club

Features

Another Band Director Steps Up to the Podium

• Best Buddies Club

Clubs

National Art Honor Society

Best Buddies Club