Middle School Girls Plot to Kill Students

Back to Article
Back to Article

Arcadia Patterson, Contributer

Two middle school girls ages 11 and 12, made “a plot to kill students” with different weapons, including a pizza cutter, said the police.

The students “wanted to kill at least 15 people,” Bartow Police Chief Joe Hall said at a news conference. The pair “were waiting in the bathroom for [an] opportunity to find smaller kids that they could overpower to be their victims.”

The girls were then searched in a Bartow Middle School office, where a butcher knife was found on one of the students. Knives, scissors, and a pizza cutter were also found, according to Fox 13.

Both girls admitted to the investigators that they were “Satan-worshippers.” The girls, Hall claimed, said “were willing to drink blood, and possibly eat flesh.”

“As I sat there last night [and] watched these interviews, I do not believe this was a joke,” Hall said.

Soon after the girls were taken into custody, authorities searched their homes and found more attack plans. A hand-drawn map of the school was discovered with the words, “Go kill in bathroom”, written on top.

One of the text messages exchanged in a conversation found by authorities reportedly read: “We will leave body parts at the entrance and then we will kill ourselves.”

In a statement posted to Facebook, Hall stated that no one was harmed in the incident, and thanked school staff for “thwarting this plot from becoming a tragedy.”

The police chief said that all safety protocols put in place worked on Tuesday, and reiterated the key law enforcement phrase: “If you see something, say something.”

“It worked in this incident,” he said.