Signing Up For The Simulation Drill

students practicing protected themselves during the drill

archive.signalscyv.com

Jennifer Martinez, Contributer

The simulation drill is where police officers prepare or train the teachers to defend themselves and how to keep the students safe in school. The signing up for the summer simulation drill, is to prepare the students to make sure they stay safe and do what they must do to defend themselves. Students can also experience what their teachers went through while they were training for the simulation drill. It’ll helps them have a visual on what is really going to happen just in case a shooting does occur in school, it would be life changing for some students.

If students sign up, they would have an advantage because they would be more prepared. I think it’s a great idea if students sign up for the simulation over the summer because the simulation will help students prepare themselves.

They will learn how a gun shoot sounds like and learn to know which way to run  just in case they here a echo in the hallways they don’t get confused and learn how to block the doors. They will learn how to hide when need to and if they are out in the open they would have to run as far as possible.

On the other hand, I believe there could be emotional effected because in the simulation drill the officers are going to be using a gun to demonstrate what the person uses when they are harming the school. It’s can be a scary experience, since some students are not use to or unaware of what a gun really sounds like or have never experienced the sound in real life.