Computers in South Broward

South Broward High School students work on designing video games in computer lab

Jordy Navarro, Contributor

Daniel McClymont, a junior at South Broward was in journalism class using the computers, when he started to complain to his neighbor about the the quality of the computers and the mouse.

“They’re bad, but they’re good enough,”

While the age or quality of the computers may seem to be poor at first glance, the truth is the quality is better than people think. Over the years, computers have evolved in schools to keep up with the pace of the ability of the students, 

According to one South Broward High School Student Yunior Vidal: “The computers can be buggy, but they always get the job done,”

The computers in South Broward High School become more up to date over the years and stay at the 5 year limit of technology for the student and attendees so they can receive the best out of their education. With the prices of the Apple computers ranging from $500- $1700, the Thinkpad is used more often as the price ranges from $200-$800. The Apple computers that are in use in Broward are the 2016 model while the Microsoft being as old as 2015. With new years coming up in a month or two, these are acceptable range for computers.

As for the problems with the computers: a simple change in company could be a solution with students tending to lean towards one company over the other. Those companies either being Apple for some but for most being Windows 8 compatible computers such as Microsoft computers or the more commonly used Thinkpad. With South Broward High School being founded in 1913, there has been much time for improvement. Supplied with a plethora of carts filled with computers to accommodate for the 2,023 students attending the school. the classes are supplied with computers so that every student gets a chance to use them to the best of their ability. With every new year in SBHS comes new technology that can benefit not only computer classes, but can help for every subject.