My Perspective On JFG

Isabella Yzusqui, Contributor

Jobs For Florida’s Graduates  is an organization that helps middle school and high school students on the path to success by guiding them to stay career focused and show them leadership skills. 

It encourages us to move forward on to graduation and helps us build our confidence once we get out into the real world.  I am also apart of the JFG program and I myself went to the Induction Ceremony on October 30 at the Broward Center. The scenery was stunning and so were the people in it.

Both schools, South Broward and Hallandale High were both there, and we watched and prepared ourselves to be initiated into a program we knew would change our general attitude towards life. There were many important people there that discussed the many issues that high school students come across when we face difficulties in our personal and academic lives.

Influential speakers were there to mentor us on opportunities that this program can offer. Their goal was for us to get inspired and not give up when you fail. Failing is a working process and eventually, it will lead to your goals.

I asked a few people in my JFG class on their view. One said, “I think this can give hope to at risk students who feel their on the brink of failing.” Another student said, “JFG is helping me a lot and motivating me more and more each and every day.”

Overall, JFG is an accelerating organization helping us to reach our goal, and to make sure, we excel in every aspect in our life.