Post Pandemic Spirit Week

Seniors Luke Valenchis and Aidan Stoyer do the “cha cha slide” during lunch on Spirit Day.

Dasha Lee, Editor

Last year in the halls of South Broward High School you could hear a pin drop. There were no tacky tourists, looney toon characters, or super heroes. There were no pep rallies or homecoming dance. This year South Broward’s spirit week more than made up for the pandemic slump. 

Thus, Monday November 1 kicked off with Jersey Day with students wearing their favorite sports teams. Followed by Tuesday, you could find superman, and batman playing musical chairs during lunch. 

Back by popular demand, class color day came on Wednesday with freshman and sophomore wearing white, juniors wearing blue and seniors wearing red and gold. After school the senior boys cheered on the girl’s powder puff game. The juniors defeated the seniors with a score of 8-0. This was the first time in about 10 years of south Broward history.  

On Thursday students kicked back and wore their best beach attire for tacky tourist day, you could find students lounging on beach chairs throughout the courtyard. 

On Friday the whole school came together for spirit day with red and gold everything, you name it. The annual pep rally “the growl,” brought the students together to get them ready for the homecoming game. 

Unfortunately, the homecoming game got postponed to Saturday morning due to bad weather. However, this didn’t stop the bulldogs from taking the win 28-14. The eventful week came to an end with the homecoming dance Saturday night.