FHSAA Boys Volleyball Tournament Semi Final Game

Chloe Hutton Perez, Contributor

When SBHS sophomore Sebastian Ochoa stepped onto the volleyball court to start the Semifinal game of the FHSAA Boys Volleyball Tournament against Hollywood Hills High School, he had one thought. 

“I thought it would be a very easy win,” said Ochoa. 

And he was right. 

The SBHS Boys Volleyball team scorched the Spartans 3-0 in an easy semifinal game at home on Tuesday, May 2. Right off the bat, the Bulldogs won the first set 25-17 and then won the following two sets as well. 

Even when freshman, Nathan Carlson was put into the game during the second set, and served a straight shot into the net, it didn’t prevent the Bulldogs of course from repeating a win 25-1. But, Carlson’s fellow teammates are not letting him forget. 

“It was pretty cool and it made me really happy, even though I served straight into the net. I am glad I even got put into the game,” said Carlson. 

Next, the Bulldogs will face off against the St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders, a much tougher team to see who will take the District title in the FHSAA Volleyball Tournament. 

“I am really excited for finals, we are like 18-time district champions,” said junior Jadon Bredwood, one of the team’s setters. 

SBHS junior, Ben Aguerre is the team’s libero, and is responsible for defending the back row and successfully warded off three attacks from the Spartans throughout the game.