Senior Panoramic

Senior+Panoramic

Gabriel Moran, Editor

Almost 500 12th-grade students rumbled into the gymnasium to prepare for their annual senior panoramic. They were loud as they were laughing and shouting with their friends.

The photographer seated the students as they walked in, in rows going up the bleachers. In the front row sat senior class officers and student government association (SGA) along with the school mascot, the bulldog.

Once all the students were seated nicely and everyone was in place, the photographer started to get ready. He stood on a close to nine-foot ladder on the other side of the gym so he could fit everyone in the picture. He took a few pictures and the seniors were free to leave.

The senior panoramic is a photo that captures the entire class of 2018 in one. There were eight photos taken total, four formal pictures and four “spirit” pictures, which is where students can show their pride in being seniors by throwing peace signs or sticking their tongues out.

Loyce Gedeus, a senior class officer, is excited for her life after high school. She plans to go to FAMU to major in law. “I am excited for high school to end so I can start my career,” said Gedeus.

Another senior officer and former SBHS cheerleader, Zhania White is also excited to start college. “I want to major in medicine so I can be a pediatrician and I’m going to do cheer again and try volleyball,” said White.

SGA is responsible for planning and taking care of school activities. The senior class officers are responsible for planning senior events. During their junior year, elections are held to elect senior officers for their upcoming senior year.