Boys Volleyball Give it Their All in State Finals

Bulldogs win two, but loose three in tense state final against Southwest Miami Senior High

Renata Hernandez, Contributor

In a nail-biting, battle royal, the South Broward High School boys volleyball team lost their state final game to the Southwest Miami Senior High School, losing three and winning two of their state games.

It was the end of a wild ride of mostly highs and some lows.

The team ended their season with. Some of the highlights included the Bulldogs winning 15-13 in a tight game against Alonzo Tracy Mourning High School, taking the regional title and sending SBHS boys volleyball team to the state finals.

“It was crazy. I felt nauseous,” said Nicholas Krivocheiko, the captain from the boy’s volleyball team.

This season so far has been good for the boys. “Quick dub and do more than three sets,” said Justin Whitehead, a senior that plays middle blocker and outside hitter for the boy’s volleyball team. You can say he’s pretty hyped and confident for states.

Last year the boy’s volleyball team went to regionals but got destroyed during states. They got destroyed by Lake Mary High School. It’s all good because this year they’re better than ever.

“This year we are not going to get knocked down, we are going to go to states, and go all the way,” said Collin Hart, a senior that plays outside hitter for the volleyball team.

The SBHS boys volleyball team have won 204 and lose 90. They have been to districts eight times, now making it nine. They have also been to regionals four times now making it five. Soon states will be won and changed to four times.

“With the great team that I have, I’m very proud of them and looking forward to bring that state ring back home,” says coach Jimenez, the volleyball coach.