Varsity Baseball team defeats Chaminade Madonna’s Varsity team at home

Varsity Baseball team defeats Chaminade Madonnas Varsity team at home

Lucas Amorelli, Contributor

The bulldogs really gave it their all at the baseball field and pulled in an amazing 9-6 win against Chaminade Madonna on Tuesday, the 18th of September.

Coach Cardinale explains his expectations for this years varsity baseball team, “Well , we have a lot of wholes to fill after we graduated a lot of guys last year, but we will never the less go for the district championship and that is our goal.”

But for  Coach Cardinale winning isn’t the only important thing for him, he said, “The students have to do better in the classroom because when the are doing better in the classroom they do better in the field it all goes hand and hand.”,  he said.

The game was always in favor of South Broward. By the 5th inning South Broward was up by 8. The team played amazing offense and deffence but had a tough 6th inning. Chaminade Madonna made 5 straight point. So after the five straight points, the Bulldogs switched their pitcher. Senior pitcher Makai Simons came in and threw two straight outs that were very much needed to get the Bulldogs out of that hole.  During the 7th inning the Bulldogs made one more point. the 8th inning was the most intense , having been a four point game. Chaminade Madonna’s first batter of the 8th hit it and made it all the way to second base. The next batter’s made another hit got to first and they scored. so now it is the 8th inning was three point game zero strikes. Unexpectedly South Broward’s pitcher Makai came up big with 3 straight strikes out and the game was over.