Morandi mansingh

School Will Feel Like Prison

The great debate on gun control is at an all time high after the recent school tragedy in Parkland, Fl at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Should we arm teacher, have metal detectors, greater law enforcement at schools? Jermaine Bruce a junior at SBHS says “School is honestly starting to feel like a prison, sometimes I feel like the school is going a little too overboard.”

After administration and security at school have been enforcing the rule of wearing our school ID tags at all times he says he’s starting to feel a bit safer. “To prevent more school shootings I think schools should have metal detectors and for security to be more alert.”

Students at SBHS have been taking action with protest but how much will it take for change. “I support the protest at the school but its not working, something needs to be done.” “I wanna feel safe when I go to school I don’t want to feel like my school might be next.”

School shootings are now more common these days and the people are rioting to a higher power for change. “Nothing is gonna get done protesting, is a thing in the past we need to take action; rules need to be put in place so things like this never happen again.”

The March For Our Lives movement is hosting a protest on March 24th in D.C in which Douglas students will be participating in even a select few of SBHS students. Bruce says “There’s no time for protests its time for action!”

Bulldog Bark • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Bulldog Bark
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Bulldog Bark Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *