A student creates and holds up a poster in protest to end gun violence.

SBHS freshman Diego Cornejo

Gun violence has turned into a significant issue mostly in the US since firearms are effectively open. Even though mass shootings are probably going to happen, the general expansion in U.S. firearm passings starting from the start of 2022 remembers a particularly distinct ascent for fatalities among youngsters and teenagers younger than 18.

“It’s an issue with no solution. To stop it, find ways to prevent it from happening,” said Cornejo.

What can we do about gun violence in schools? Advocate and push for more counseling at schools. Having better access to counselors can greatly reduce the risk of gun violence among our students. Encourage help for and normalize mental health issues. Incredibly, simply acknowledging that we’re struggling encourages others to reach out for help. Talk about it at home. Model good self-care for your kids and encourage them to ask for help when they’re feeling low. Vote for reasonable gun control laws.

An extensive school wellbeing plan that keeps weapons out of some unacceptable hands begins with powerful firearm viciousness counteraction regulations and projects that keep weapons out of some unacceptable hands. State and government elected authorities need to pass weapon viciousness counteraction regulations and afterward work to ensure that these regulations are really carried out.

“A way to prevent something like this from happening is being more secure,” said Cornejo.

School pioneers  including educational committees, administrators, chiefs, and instructors to voice their help for these regulations with state and government policymakers to prevent shootings from happening.

Bulldog Bark • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Bulldog Bark
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Bulldog Bark Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *