Perfect Score

Two SBHS students get the perfect score on English FSA and History EOC

The average score on the SAT is a 494 in critical reading and 508 in math.

A student at SBHS, 10th grader Olena Mursalova scored the highest on the ELA FSA in Broward County. She’s been in South Broward since her freshmen year but she attended a charter school, Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science. Olena prepared for the test by reviewing notes in class and studying. There weren’t some easy passages, she says, but she found the test pretty easy. Before taking the test she was kind of worried to not do so well but after she finished the test she believed she did good. Olena never expected to get a perfect score, she was very surprised when she found out. The test was about 2 hours long and she finished in about half an hour. For getting getting a perfect score, Olena was rewarded with a certificate from the principle, and a letter from the governor. Another student at SBHS, 12th grade senior Dieter Steinhauser scored the highest on the U.S. history EOC in Broward County. He’s been in South Broward since his freshmen year. Dieter prepared for the test by mainly by having goodnight sleeps and taking good notes to review them and took time to study all the basics. Dieter believes the test was one of the easiest tests he has ever taken but at the same time it was also a little difficult. Before taking the test he felt confident to do well but he did not expect to get a perfect score, he was very surprised when he found out he got a perfect score. The test was about 2 hours long and he finished in about an hour. Dieter just like Olena, was also rewarded with a certificate from the principal and a letter from the governor.