Free Style Friday

Christien

South Broward High School Students gather around the first competitor of Freestyle Friday

Christien Horne, Contributor

Freestyle Friday is an event held at South Broward High every Friday hosted by Mr. Daniel Golightly. He created this event for students to take their mind off school and to learn to have fun with one and other.  

Golightly explains how socializing is another key role in Freestyle Fridays. Socializing helps to boost your communication skills with your peers. Developing your communication skills can help in all aspects of your life, from your professional life to social gatherings and everything in between.

“I enjoy hosting events like these and being able to see students enjoying their time, ” says Mr. Golightly.”   

You may ask what freestyle Friday is? Freestyle Friday consists of two students competing in a freestyle battle using a beat of their choice. Each competitor alternates freestyling for 30 seconds in each of the two rounds. Students are not allowed to use profanities lyrics, punishable by disqualification. After the battle, your peers decide the winner, per majority vote. The student who wins each week wins a prize.