Acting Through My Eyes

Wooseley Nestor, Contributor

Wooseley Nestor, 14, is a SBHS freshman that really enjoys acting. Nestor had started acting in 8th grade and because of that experience, he decided that he was going to take acting classes. 

Trying to be an actor requires you to be confident in yourself. Being insecure, or scared will always affect you as an actor. That’s why people that want to be actor’s are always practicing on their confidence and other things like: shyness, stress, stage fright, and anxiety.

“I really enjoy acting, I want to use that as an opportunity to make it my career.” said Nestor

When Nestor first started acting class he thought doing it from a computer would be easy. 

“I thought doing acting from a computer would be easy, but it’s way harder than it looks.” said Nestor

During Nestor’s acting classes, he learns about how to be confident and ready, no matter what just happened to you behind the scenes. When acting, the second you walk on the stage, whatever just happened behind the scenes, must stay behind the scenes.

“I really enjoy acting, I want to use that as an opportunity to make it my career.” Said Nestor

Another thing they have taught in acting class is what a monologue is and how it’s done. Actors are always doing monologues as practice or before the film.

“Actors always practice, not everyone gets everything on the first shot.” said Nestor

“There are many stressful things that come with wanting to be an actor”. said Nestor. “So you will have to be ready no matter what, because it can come back and hit you in the face if you don’t.”