SBHS Bulldogs Spring into Spring Sports Season

SBHS+Senior+Cameron+Jones+takes+a+leaping+dive+into+the+long+jump+pit+during+the+track+meet+at+Carndinal+Gibbons+on+March+9th.+Jones+took+first+place+in+the+long+jump+out+of+23+jumpers+after+jumping+25.3+meters.+

Faith Augustin

SBHS Senior Cameron Jones takes a leaping dive into the long jump pit during the track meet at Carndinal Gibbons on March 9th. Jones took first place in the long jump out of 23 jumpers after jumping 25.3 meters.

Faith Augustin, Photographer

South’s Broward spring sports season is jam packed with different sports from track and field to flag football to volleyball, Bulldog boys and girls show their stuff. The track and field team just came back from qualifiers and made it into districts. The boys team placed 1st in both the 4×1 relay and the 4×4 relay. The real lstar was Senior Camerm Jones who took 1st place in the long and triple jump. The girls track team took 1st place triple jump and 1st place in the 1600 meter race, while taking 2nd place in the 4 by 2 relay. They are now ranked #2 in the 7A region. They are training for districts and hope move on to the next round.

The Lady Bulldogs flag football got off to a rough start, losing their first game against McArthur High School. But the were able to pull through with win against West Broward, when they miraculously managed to score two touch downs in the fourth  quarter, beating them 12-6. Their next game against Hallandale High School.

The SBHS Boy’s Volleyball team stared off with a bang this season, and their current record is 2-1. They lost their first game versus Cooper City High School, but  won their most recent game 3-0 against Pine Crest High School.