Fortnite vs. PUBG

On the left is Fortnite on the right is PUBG (Player Unknowns Battleground.)

Rooney Martin, Contributor

There is a lot of video games coming out today on PS4, Xbox one, and PC. Games that people have a lot of differing opinions on. The market is blowing up with a whole lot of new games coming out. Two of the hottest new games out right now are called Players Unknown: Battlegrounds and Fortnite. Both of those games are on PS4, Xbox one, PC, and mobile.

To start off with why Fortnite is a popular fun game and why people like it and play it all the time is because of the unique mechanics of the game that make it stand out. The game is a Battle Royale-style game where 100 players drop from a flying bus down to an island and fight each other for the 1st place victory. It’s a survival game similar to the Hunger Games. Fortnite released on July 25, 2017. At the time it wasn’t a popular game and only a small number of people were playing it. The reason not a lot of people were playing it is because the graphics weren’t very attractive, but as time went on the new version of Fortnite developed and the graphics got better. Fortnite is so addicting that it has been in the news numerous times because of its interference with students and their school work. According to social media, students have been posting on Instagram of themselves playing on school computers in class.

Now to talk about another game that is popular around the world that people are playing is called Player Unknown: Battlegrounds (PUBG). How the game works is similar to Fortnite. A hundred people go from one side of the map to the other in a plane and drop down wherever they choose and collect supplies and materials to help them combat their enemies. While similar to the aforementioned game, the graphics are way more up to date and there is a better variety of what you can pick up off the ground. Plenty of people that play and love video games have their own suggestions and reasons why which one is better. Twitch, an app that people use to stream gameplay live to their viewers, has had many of its users garner thousands of views on their gameplay of both of these games.

In conclusion all of the games we have today are meant to be played and just for anyone to have fun with.

Rooney Martin, Contributor

Rooney Martin is a sophomore currently attending South Broward High School. One thing that intrigues Martin about journalism is photography. Although he didn’t sign up for this class he was very excited to have it again. Martin is extremely passionate about traveling. He’s traveled to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and many other cool places. When it comes to school, his worst subject is math and science is his best subject.

On his free time, Martin would rather do something else besides reading. When he’s not in school, he loves to travel. He is not very interested in any of the sports or clubs that South Broward has to offer, so he will not be joining any team or group anytime soon. Martin does not look up to anyone so he has no role models. He considers himself more of a cat, which makes him more independent than others. At the moment, his greatest aspiration is to be able to finish high school.

A good trait Martin has is that he is very open minded. When it comes to music he will listen to anything, enjoying every music genre besides hardcore rock because of the yelling. His favorite movie is Oakland Raters and his favorite color is blue. If Martin could choose to meet anyone dead or alive he would love to meet Trippie Redd, a famous musician well-known for his good and catchy music.

1 Comment

One Response to “Fortnite vs. PUBG”

1. Sara Silva on June 29th, 2018 3:18 am

Hey, this is a very nice blog giving a good comparison of both the games. I have played both the games but I personally prefer PUBG over Fortnite. I feel PUBG is more competitive than Fortnite. Recently I played it online through Instant Gaming( http://www.instant-gaming.com/en ), my first experience on PC and I really enjoyed it even more.

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Hear ye, Hear ye

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Avengers Beat Star Wars on Opening Weekend

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Top 10 Things to Take to College

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Music for Your Graduation Celebration

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

SBHS Rock Band Trying to Reach Their “Summit”

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

The Ghost of Sparta Returns

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Avengers: Infinity War Surpasses 1 Billion in the Box Office

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Three SBHS Students Put on Local Art Show

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

A Decade of Pride

• Fortnite vs. PUBG

Entertainment

Nicki vs Cardi

Fortnite vs. PUBG